Q : How do I know my trades person is licensed?

A : Your trades person is obligated to produce a copy of a current BSA Contractor license on request.

Q : Do we need to sign a contact?

A : By law all work over the amount of $3,300 including labour and materials must have a written contract signed by both client and contractor. If you do not have a contract you will not be insured in the case of poor or faulty workmanship through the Building Services Authority, which could leave you thousands of dollars out of pocket.

Q : Does it really matter to me if my Trades Person has sufficient public liability insurance?

A : If a person is injured on your property due to the works being undertaken and your trades person does not hold sufficient insurance you can be held liable.

Q : What is deemed sufficient Insurance?

A: Domestic work - $10,000,000.00 and generally $ 20,000,000.00 for commercial work.

Q : How much deposit am I required to pay on signing of the contract?

A : By Law a maximum of 10% deposit shall be paid to the contractor on the signing of the contract.